2/24/11

Creating Sheer or Transparent Clothing


How to Create Transparent/Sheer Clothing:

1.  Choose your garment type: shirt, dress, pants or skirt.
2.  Make a stencil of the relevant parts of the model's body. For pants and shirt, this is easy.  Just choose a form fitting garment and trace the body.  Dresses and skirts are trickier because they don't show the arms or legs.  So follow these steps:
        DRESSES:
  • To make a stencil of the model's body for a dress, you'll need to go into the Makeover Creator.  Put on a bra and undies, then save the makeover.
  • Go into your makeover.  The large view of a makeover is 110% of the size of the dress view in the Fashionmaker.  So what you'll want to do is minimize your screen to 90% when you're viewing the makeover.  Now the model is the perfect size for the dress in the Fashionmaker!  So trace the body of the model, and now you have your stencil of the body for the mannequin in the Fashionmaker.
         SKIRTS:
  • To make a stencil of the legs for a skirt, you'll just need to use the same stencil you made for the pants, as the pants and skirts views are the same size.
3.  Now that you have your stencil of the body for your specific garment, choose your specific garment and leave it the color white.  You're going to be "drawing" the skin on top of the garment with a flesh-tone colored circle, so if you use a dark base color, it won't look good.  If you don't want your garment to be white, still choose white.  Then cover the garment in the color you want it to be with that color of circle graphic before "drawing" the skin of the model on top.
4.  Now that you've chosen your garment color, it is time to use your stencil.  Line up your stencil on the mannequin.  Now, using a flesh-tone circle graphic, "draw" the body of the model that you stencilled on top of the garment where you want the garment to be transparent.
5.  You can change the shape of the garment's silhouette by choosing a detail of your choice (in my example, I used the flower detail) in the color of your garment, and outlining the edges of your silhouette with it.  You'll see that I did this in my example pic just on the bottom hem, but you can do it to any part of the garment to make it wider or flare out.  I added some details in the middle of it sporadically for fun, but it's not necessary.
6.  Now you have your transparent garment!

3 comments:

  1. voy a intentarlo!!
    Parece dificil eh?
    Gracias!!

    Hartistaharta

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brilliant! How did you figure these things out? I'm sure I'll be sending questions when I attempt to use these.Thanks for your time and for sharing.
    Daisy 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy 1:

    Thank you for the compliment! I'm just a problem-solver, I guess. For this tip, a reader asked me how to make transparent clothing. I'd never thought to try doing that before, so I challenged myself to figure it out. I like learning new techniques and sharing them with others. Some tips/techniques I dream up and figure out on my own, others I'm inspired by someone's design and try to ascertain how they accomplished a certain technique they used. And of course, I've learned a lot by just asking other diva designers how they accomplished something. You're very welcome for sharing, and yes, please feel free to ask any questions that may come up when you try the tip out. Thanks for stopping by!

    :) tmck18

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please feel free to ask questions or submit tips/suggestions too.